I used the idea of a book for my header since this challenge is going to be a journal of my life over the years.
I hope you enjoy viewing these pages of my life as they unfold. I know I will...

Friday, January 1, 2010

Page 1 - Once In A Blue Moon

A blue moon is a phenomenon that is extremely rare. The term has been used as a second full moon in one month. The last time that happened was May of 2007. New Year's blue moons (or second full moon of the month) are even rarer occurring every 19 years. An actual "Blue Moon" when the color of the moon appears to be blue is even rarer. The Moon can appear blue when there's a certain amount of dust or pollution in the air. The extra dust scatters blue light, making the Moon appear more blue. The last known blue moon was recorded in Edinburg, Scotland in 1950.

Last night, there was an actual Blue Moon. You may not have seen it because it was overcast last night. I stayed up until 3 this morning and went outside to see if I could see it. Sure enough, the clouds were moving and every once in a while I caught a glimpse of a blue moon and took as many pictures as I could. The clouds actually helped in capturing the blue color. Here is my first photo of my 365 challenge and it is perfect since it is one I will most likely never get again in my lifetime - A Blue Moon on New Years.


8 comments:

andreaKphotography said...

Now THAT is cool!! Fabulous first post :) Now I want to go watch Twilight again...haha :) Happy New Year!! Love ya!

j said...

Wow, Suzanne, that is beautiful!!!! I'm gonna love to follow this blog and it makes me want to have my own "365 days blog challeng". And hey, bu the way a HAPPY NEW YEAR to you and your family. May 2010 come with joy and sucess for all of us : ) Emilia Julia from AZ (I'm moving to New Mexico though mid january). juliafisio@gmail.com

Leslie :~D said...

You should submit that to some kind of contest. Amazing!

Flash Jorgensen said...

Look at you go. You're off to a fabulous year and start to your 365 day challenge. I'm so glad you got this. I love it and it's absolutely perfect!

Ariel said...

Wow, Suzanne! It is simply breath taking! I can't wait to see more posts!

Jeremy Hall said...

Beautiful way to start your personal 365 challenge. I've thought many times of doing it, but I never think I will be able to stick to the daily routine. I like your approach of letting us all know in advance so the pressure is off of the actual publishing side of things.

I've taken a photo every day so far this year...maybe...

Anonymous said...

Great start to the first 5 of the 365. I'm impressed with your commitment to take up a 365 challenge. Not sure I could do it with my current schedule.

Love the Blue moon!

Anonymous said...

Do you have copy writer for so good articles? If so please give me contacts, because this really rocks! :)