I used the idea of a book for my header since this challenge is going to be a journal of my life over the years.
I hope you enjoy viewing these pages of my life as they unfold. I know I will...

Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Page 12 - Money Down The Drain

I should just take all my money and pour it down the drain. My 2 year old has put everything else in there so why not? In just one day she poured juice all over my carpet, opened some red nail polish and painted my rug, got into my expensive mineral powder make-up and dumped it all inside the drawer and mixed all of them together, smeared my lipstick all over her face, drew pretty pictures on my bathroom cabinets with my eye liner, dumped an entire brand new bottle of shampoo in the tub, and then poured a bottle of gatoraid down the glass front of my fireplace leaving black burn marks down the front and a huge puddle on the slate below. All just money down the drain and in just one day. This little girl is going to end up costing me a lot of cash.

For those of you who look closely, I found a hidden part of this picture when editing it. If you look to the upper left side of the picture, there is a smeared water spot. If you look even closer it looks like a person with wild hair screaming while looking at the money going down the drain. I succeeded in getting myself in the picture without even trying since that is what I look like every time I discover something she has done!

7 comments:

travisJ said...

Oh no, this really worries me. My son has been our destructive child. I thought my little girl was going to be a breeze. Its scary to think she could be just as destructive or even worse.
Good luck with your little monster. Hopefully her cuteness makes up for it all.

Sherilyn said...

Oh Man! What a day. I feel for you. Remember when Abby scribbled on your new stainless steel fridge with a sharpie less than an hour or two of it being delivered?!

jennifer said...

So you're telling me that if...IF i ever have a girl I'm still going to have that kind of damage around my house still. Dang and I thought boys were bad. So sorry! What a day but the shot is sweet! Love the perspective!

p.s. I'm totally am emailing blurb and will never use them. What jerks. I totally screwed up a Christmas card order.... 100% my fault and my lab whcc at least gave me half off my reprint order. I can't believe blurb wouldn't budge.

So glad your wedding picture found a happy home~ much better than my basement storage, that's for sure.

Renée said...

Totally creative. Love it.

Anonymous said...

Thanks quest of sharing information. I’ve written and shared my thoughts around this on my blog.

andreaKphotography said...

So nice to know I am not alone :) lol! This is so great! Way to be so creative with this challenge!! :)

Jeremy Hall said...

Awesome, awesome, awesome creative representation of the concept. The situation stinks, but the image you have made is spectacular!