I used the idea of a book for my header since this challenge is going to be a journal of my life over the years.
I hope you enjoy viewing these pages of my life as they unfold. I know I will...

Sunday, April 25, 2010

Page 115 - Keslie

This is my niece whom I love as much as my own children.

We almost lost her a couple of weeks ago when a neighbor girl attached and tried to kill her right in front of her home. She tackled Keslie to the ground and put all of her body weight and strength into her hands which cut off her trachea and kept Keslie from breathing. The only thing that saved her was the acrylic nails I had recently put on her for prom. She was able to scratch and claw the girl off of her and tried to get away, only to have the girl tackle and strangle her again. Keslie clawed at the girl again, got away and ran into the safety of her home.

The thought of losing Keslie still makes me tremble even now as I type. If you knew my niece you would be even more shocked because she is so sweet and loving. She befriended this girl when no one else would and this was the thanks she got.

Every moment I pray she is kept safe from this neighbor girl who was released a day later. She tries to kill my niece and she walks free.

"I pray you'll be my eyes and watch her where she goes.
And help her to be wise.
Help me to let go.
Every mother's (and auntie's) prayer.
Every child knows.
Lead her to a place.
Guide her with your grace.
To a place where she'll be safe."

She spent the weekend shooting with me and I gained so much strength just having her there cheering me on.

I love you Kes, have you ever thrown a handful of glitter in the air? (inside joke!)

8 comments:

Renée said...

Oh my, how horrifying! I hope she is doing okay.

Kyla Stevens said...

Oh no! I am so so sorry Keslie and Suzanne! I just read a story in the news about a similar attack in Florida and I couldn't believe that someone so young could have so much hate.
I pray that Keslie can have peace and strength to feel safe and heal from this. I am grateful that she has support from you. She looks like a beautiful person, inside and out.
You are all in my prayers.

andreaKphotography said...

So glad she is okay. That is so scary...what a psycho girl!

Cascio Photography said...

That's horrible!! Keslie really is the sweetest girl!! I can't imagine what she would or could ever do to deserve that!! I had so much fun hanging out with you and her this weekend. She's in our prayers too!

j said...

This is insane! I don't know you niece but I am in shock right now. I'm very sorry to hear about that. Good she is better. I'll be praying for her. I'm so happy she a auntie like you to support her with so much love. It brings tears to my eyes. I am here sending good thoughts to you and her. Have a fabulous day!!

Keri said...

All I can say is that I am in tears. That poem is so perfect. I am forever and eternally grateful that my wonderful daughter has an aunt like you. You have no idea how much you mean to both of us. She needs as much love and support as she can get right now. Thanks Suzanne....love you, my amazing sister. I am so glad that I married (the love of my life) your brother and that I am a part of your family. It is the greatest blessing of my life.

Ariel said...

Oh my Gosh! I am so sorry! I hope she is okay and doing better! I know I only met her once when you let me tag along at one of your weddings, but I instantly fell in love with Keslie! She was such a sweet, beautiful, kind girl! I can't imagine anyone not loving her who has met her. I will keep her in prayers for sure!

gina said...

How terrible! I hope that Keslie and her family have some sort of restraining order or something, press charges. I don't know what I would do if that were my daughter...scary. How lucky she is to have an aunt like you tho!