I used the idea of a book for my header since this challenge is going to be a journal of my life over the years.
I hope you enjoy viewing these pages of my life as they unfold. I know I will...

Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Page 68 - I Had An Oprah Moment

I am home. I had a blast, but it is so good to hold the ones I love again.

Since my hubby travels so much, we are always automatically upgraded to first class when we fly. Since I was flying home with my friend Andrea, I wanted to sit with her so we went to where Andrea's seat was and asked the girl sitting next to her if she would like to sit in first class instead.

She was so excited and happy. For a second I felt like Oprah when she gives stuff away and everyone cheers and loves her for it. The funniest was the look on the guy's face sitting by the window. You could tell he was thinking, "Dang, why didn't they give that to me?"

I have to say, I got the better end of the deal since talking and laughing with Andrea is so much better than drinking out of real crystal and sitting in a huge seat next to a stranger.

My only regret about the trip - only bringing one pair of flat shoes which were brand new. Needless to say my feet hurt from day one and I spent the entire time walking in pain with bandaids all over my poor feet.

As soon as I got home, I got in the tub to soak them and give them a much needed break. They were so red and I see blisters forming already.
Ouch!

Oh the price we women pay for fashion.

1 comment:

Renée said...

Glad to see you back and that you had a ball. Love all the updates.