I used the idea of a book for my header since this challenge is going to be a journal of my life over the years.
I hope you enjoy viewing these pages of my life as they unfold. I know I will...

Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Page 33 - Unhappy Groundhog Day

"Groundhog Day is a holiday celebrated on February 2. It is held in the United States and Cananda. According to folklore, if a groundhog emerging from its burrow on this day fails to see its shadow, it will leave the burrow, signifying that winter will soon end. If on the other hand, the groundhog sees its shadow, the groundhog will supposedly retreat into its burrow, and winter will continue for six more weeks." from Wikipedia.

I guess he saw his shadow today. Six more glorious weeks of winter (sarcasm in my voice). Too bad the groundhog doesn't live in Utah - it's overcast today so he wouldn't have seen his shadow and would be out frolicking through the grass right now instead of trying to go back to sleep for six more weeks in a hole.

I've been waiting for the sun to come out all day so I could get my picture of the day and it finally just came out for about 10 minutes so I could get our shadows!

6 comments:

Sherilyn said...

those are some long legs!

Sherilyn said...

Those are some long legs!

Anonymous said...

Great capture! What a fun way to embrace the day. :)

Renée said...

I love it. You are always so stinkin creative! Always thinkin'.

Anonymous said...

Hi, to answer your question about where I got the album that I'm putting my quasi-Project 365 photos, it's called "Project Life" by Becky Higgins. More info is here: http://www.beckyhiggins.com/projectlife/kit.php

It's fun to see photos come together in a physical album that we can flip through as opposed to the photos only being on the computer.

Your photos are fantastic and I'll be following you as you continue with your project!

Jennifer said...

That darn groundhog!! I bet his shadow wouldn't have had your sexy legs anyway.