I used the idea of a book for my header since this challenge is going to be a journal of my life over the years.
I hope you enjoy viewing these pages of my life as they unfold. I know I will...

Saturday, January 1, 2011

Confessions of a 365-er

I wanted to do a review of my year before I started with the new one. Pick out some of my favorites, make a few confessions. I started this challenge with so many people that ended up not finishing for one reason or another. So far I am the only one who has finished.

Now for my confessions.
First, I missed two days. The first was on June 21st. It was when I was refinishing my kitchen cabinets. All day I thought of what my picture could be as I painted. I kept painting until way after midnight and sure enough, realized once it was too late that I had forgotten to take my picture. I was so sad I cried. I had come so far and because of something so stupid I messed up. At first I felt defeated like I had to give up. Then I realized I couldn't let this stop me so I took the picture I was going to take that day the next day instead and just posted it for that day. Here it is...


The second day I missed was July 8th. It was the day I fell down my stairs and was on the couch in pain all day so I completely forgot. I didn't even realize I missed it until several days later when I went to do my blog posts and there was no picture for that day. I remembered it was the day I fell so I took this to remember it...


My next confession - sometimes I didn't like how my picture of the day would turn out so I redid it the next day to make it better. I only did it a few times but I admit, I did it!

Most of the time I also didn't post the picture the same day I took the picture. Sometimes I would wait days or even a couple weeks to post them all. If I had to post them every day I don't think I would have made it past the first week!!

So there you have it, all my confessions of my 365 challenge. Some of you may think less of my accomplishment now since I really missed a couple days but I don't. I still did it. I set my goal and I accomplished it. No technicality can take that away from me.

Here are some of my favs from the year:
















































and finally...

12 comments:

Les said...

I still think it was an awesome accomplishment!! Some of those are my favorites too!

AngryGardner said...

I will need to confess to the same thing when my day of reckoning comes. I have missed three days so far. But, that also means that I have taken 308 pictures that I might not have. It is all the journey, last night I went though my post and realized I had my self an incredible record of my year. It was interesting that my favorite picture was also the one of your husband with your daughters running towards him, it reminds me of when I come home, and it just tugged at my heart.

Jennifer Mendoza said...

Suzanne . . . you are scaring me! ;-) BTW: I could never pick a favorite - but I have to say that I LOVE "Pants on the Ground".

Raynz Photoz! said...

I would NEVER think less of you!!! Oh my gosh give yourself a HUGE pat on your back for doing this!!! It's such an AMAZING accomplishment and you are just such a fantastic AWESOME photographer and person!!! Thank you for your help and I will be needing MORE help soon ;-)!!!! Hugs to you and I LOOOOVE your favorite photoz!!!!

Emili said...

Amazing! I wouldn't even let those 2 days bother you, you have 365 gorgeous pictures to show for your year! I'm too overwhelmed at the thought still, maybe next year? Or can I do a 52 week project?
I'll keep watching! Congratulations on a completed goal and a beautiful year of pictures!

Tiffany Reed Photography said...

I am so so so proud of you. I really missed your posts on the days that you would wait to post several at a time. Which means dear friend that people look forward to your posts!

My favorites of yours this year that I remembered so well were:

1) your daughter running into your husbands arms
2) of course your very last one you posted for day 365
3) Your Halloween costume
4) The broken Barbie was maybe one of my top two favorites cause you had such a bad day that day...
5) When you paid cash for the car (it was the car right?)

Keep it up or I may go into withdrawals without your blog!!!!

You're pure inspiration.

Natallee said...

This is so amazing! I love your highlighted photos too! What a beautiful year you have had! What a great accomplishment!! Can't wait to see what this next year holds!!

Jeremy Hall said...

I think so much less of you now...haha, of course not. I think it is an amazing feat, and you have me contemplating an attempt of my own this year to help spur me on to getting more creative in my photography. I've taken "safety" shots so far this year just in case I commit. Lame I know, but I have yet to fully get myself committed. If I do, it'll definitely be just as you did, often catching up on publishing in batches. Nothing wrong with that if your goal is the actual creative process rather than the daily posting.

Wonderful work in 2010 & I'm glad you are continuing into this year. I've enjoyed peaking into that crazy, creative mind of yours.

LibPhoto said...

You are my favorite photographer because every one of your photographs make me smile! You are so talented! I wish I could be half a good as you when I grow up :)

Chance said...

wow, I can really see why Kristy admires you so much. You've got an unbelievable eye. Well done!

(like you, I missed 2 in 2010 as well. Good luck in 2011!)

Unknown said...

awesome works! every picture have its own story, i enjoy "reading" the pictures. K.I.U!

Angela said...

Seriously you are SO inspirational! Last night I decided to start now, this month and just DO IT! And I've gotten lots of my friends on the bandwagon! I hope that I can stay motivated throughout the year, especially on bad days, but the way you documented even those days is simply amazing. Thank you for the great example, and especially with the fact that you are keeping it up. I guess it's a habit now? What a wonderful one to start! And again I love the way you see life through your lens. Thank you for sharing that with everyone!