I used the idea of a book for my header since this challenge is going to be a journal of my life over the years.
I hope you enjoy viewing these pages of my life as they unfold. I know I will...

Monday, May 31, 2010

Page 151 - Remember

What made me happy today?

Memorial Day.

Since this is the last day of the month it's my last day of my theme of what made me happy. It was the perfect day to end it on as well.

Every Memorial Day we go visit the graves of family on my husbands side of the family. I have always loved this tradition since we did the same growing up in California for my own relatives.

It's so important to not only remember those who came before us, but those who gave up their tomorrows so we could have ours.

Freedom is not free.


This is a monument of an angel at the Salt Lake City Cemetery for all those babies who have died from SIDS (Sudden Infant Death Syndrome).

Photographing this statue was especially hard for me, I couldn't imagine losing a child especially a baby in their sleep.


I had to post this one. The look of gratitude on her face says it all, as if she understands what the flag really means and how today it represents those who gave all, even their lives.

I hope we never forget what this day is really about.

2 comments:

andreaKphotography said...

Great Memorial Day photos!

Les said...

Hands down, some of the most powerful images I've seen on here! Loved them!