I used the idea of a book for my header since this challenge is going to be a journal of my life over the years.
I hope you enjoy viewing these pages of my life as they unfold. I know I will...

Thursday, May 27, 2010

Page 147 - Heaven is a place on earth

As a mom and photographer, I never stop. There is always something to do, somewhere to go, someone who needs attention.

I didn't realize I needed a break until yesterday when I flew out of state to shoot a wedding that is tomorrow.

I spent the day relaxing, doing absolutely nothing.

I took a nap without any kids climbing all over me.

I ate lunch at a restaurant without telling one kid to sit down and the other to eat their food or they don't get dessert.

I had silence, absolute silence and I needed it.

Don't get me wrong, I love being a mom more than anything, I just needed time to recharge my batteries.
This is my AMAZING hotel room which I may never leave! I got it for so cheap too ($60 a night!)

5 comments:

j said...

What??? $60 a night?? I would live there. But yeah, I don't have kids on my own to miss. So that would be a great deal for me once we are losing our apartment lololo But hey I'm happy you got to recharge your batteries and for sure you will come back loving them even more right? Great picture. What lens did you use?

Suzanne Plant said...

Yeah, I'm getting excited to give them a squeeze again! I used my 14-24 f/2.8

Somers said...

How did you get that perspective? Standing in the window? I'm glad that you had a good weekend "off." You seriously deserve it.

andreaKphotography said...

Awesome room! It does feel good to be alone sometimes. We all need time to breathe. That room is fabulous!!

Unknown said...

I was wondering if she was standing on a small table in the corner. :)