I used the idea of a book for my header since this challenge is going to be a journal of my life over the years.
I hope you enjoy viewing these pages of my life as they unfold. I know I will...

Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Page 124 pt.1 - Trying to love the skin I'm in

What made me happy today?

Stephanie Nielson's story of love, survival, and acceptance.



If the video is taking too long to load, here is the link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KHDvxPjsm8E

I struggle with the signs of getting older - the wrinkles, the weight that is harder to lose and keep off, the gray hairs that are popping out everywhere.

I know I say these things at the risk of sounding vain but you cannot deny that we live in a world that places so much value on youth and outer beauty. My whole life I have been judged by how I look and for so long believed my only worth was in how I looked.

Seeing Stephanie's story is a reminder helping me to see otherwise. To borrow a quote from her story and changing it to fit me,

" I am Suzanne, and I am not my body"

Since there is no picture to go with this, I will be posting one later as well.

1 comment:

Somers said...

This video made me happy today too!