I used the idea of a book for my header since this challenge is going to be a journal of my life over the years.
I hope you enjoy viewing these pages of my life as they unfold. I know I will...

Sunday, October 2, 2011

France - Day 9


The owner of our B&B spoke the best English of anyone the entire trip and adorable kids too!

Ruins of the crypt that was once below the original Abbey. To add to the feeling there were monks singing and chanting coming out of speakers. A cute old lady came out and said, "Oh my gosh! There are monks singing in there and I have no idea where it's coming from! Maybe it's ghosts." Too funny!


We sadly left Flavigny and drove to the final chateau on our tour, Vaux-le-Vicomte.


This chateau has a sad story behind it and it's too long to tell here. You'll have to look it up ;) It was the inspiration for the design of the Versailles palace.

No comments: