I used the idea of a book for my header since this challenge is going to be a journal of my life over the years.
I hope you enjoy viewing these pages of my life as they unfold. I know I will...

Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Page 319 - Salt Lake Temple at Night

Went to a close friend's sealing tonight at Salt Lake temple. She is 22 weeks pregnant and tomorrow they are going to induce her since her baby has Anencephaly, a neural tube defect that occurs in the first 28 days of pregnancy. The neural tube does not close and as a result the higher brain and top of the skull do not form. The baby won't be able to survive on it's own. After giving birth he ended up living 50 minutes. My heart goes out to her and her family. I can only imagine the pain.

2 comments:

Val said...

That is so sad. I don't know how people have the strength to deal with trials like this.

Raynz Photoz! said...

How sad!! I know that hurtful pain all too well!! The holidays are going to be HARD for me as well as your friend! I hope she got some photoz of her baby :-)! AWESOME photo of the temple by the way!! Can you BE ANY MORE TALENTED?? I mean really? You RAWK woman!!!!!