I used the idea of a book for my header since this challenge is going to be a journal of my life over the years.
I hope you enjoy viewing these pages of my life as they unfold. I know I will...

Thursday, January 28, 2010

Page 28 - Our Place

When Ryan and I first were dating, he took me up Emigration Canyon in Salt Lake to a restaurant called Ruth's Diner. It's a quaint little place that is built off of an original dining car from an old 1939 train. With it's old fashioned small town feel, Big Band music playing in the background and amazing food, Ruth's has been around since 1930 so you know they are doing something right.

Ruth's has become "Our Place" where we love to go for breakfast. Once you walk through the door you feel transported back in time when things were so much simpler. There are photos all over of an old woman (some with a cigarette in her mouth!) who is Ruth. She passed away in 1989 but I can feel her there every time we go. Once you are seated, your server brings you the most delicious "Mile High Biscuits" and when you put butter and their raspberry jam on top, it's perfection to your taste buds. We always order the same thing, Eggs Benedict minus the tomatoes. I've tried it at other restaurants and no one's sauce recipe can touch Ruth's. That combined with their fresh squeezed orange juice and you have my favorite breakfast. During the summer we love to sit in their outdoor dining area which is covered with a canopy of trees.

If you live in Utah or are visiting Utah and have never eaten at Ruth's, do yourself a favor and try it. I'm sure it will become one of your favorite places to eat as well.

7 comments:

TravisJ said...

Those Mile High Biscuits are amazing. Great, now I want to go there.

andreaKphotography said...

I adore Ruth's!! Shane and I have been going there since we started dating. Now the kids love it too :) Yumo!

Meme said...

We love it as well. Whenever my sisters come into town it is a must have. It is all about the biscuits.

Jennifer said...

It's great to have special spots like that. Awesome perspective on the photo. You're making me crave the Mile High Biscuits at 10pm!!! Not good ;) Glad your honey is home.

Somers said...

I'm loving this blog! Congrats on making it through 11 days husbandless. Your work really is amazing. -Clara

j said...

Now I wanna know where that place is. I love the picture. it makes me want to go to Ruth's.

Heather said...

Suzanne you are amazing!